Monday, September 24, 2007

Small Regrets

Most of the time, it's the small things I do that I regret. Sure, I have some bigger regrets, but the small things are the most likely to nag at me. I guess it's because the small mistakes are the ones that are easiest to avoid and yet, I still manage to make them. Sigh.

Here's something that happened this morning. Keep in mind that I'm always, always rushing on a school morning.

Child: (sweetly) Mom, what's wind?

Mom: What?

Child: What's wind?

Mom: (slightly agitated) What?

Child: What's wind?

Mom: (slightly more agitated) What's what?

Child: (still sweetly) Wind.

Mom: (still agitated) Wind?

Child: Yes.

Mom: (quickly) It's air that moves through the sky. Now, what do you want in your lunch?

So guess what Mom is doing right now? Yep, you guessed it. Looking up "wind" on Wikipedia and printing it out so that I can read it to the Child when she comes home from school.

Yep, making it up for it.

Hmm. I wonder if there's such a thing as a "wind" shaped popsicle?

3 comments:

Crystal D said...

Thank goodness for Wiki. I wondered how I was going to answer all those questions like "what is wind."
I sure wish I could drink a cup of patience in the morning.

Anonymous said...

This is HILARIOUS (as was the comment you left on my blog earlier today about ped dentists!).

This morning my car wouldn't start and I taught my kids a new word or two. Unfortunately, they're not words I should be looking up on Wikipedia!

Pol* said...

ahem. I am the opposite. I go into details far beyond what my son cares about. "Wind? Oh honey, I think that's the phenomenom that happens when air pressures try to equalize itself across different zones of temperature in our atmosphere. Large bodies of water, ocean currents, the amount of radiant energy landmasses absorb from the sun all effect the wind.... blah, blah, blah... we can look up hurricanes and tornados later if you want!"
The poor dear had lost interest ages ago.