Thursday, August 30, 2007

Philanthropy Thursday

My good friend, Jen, over at http://www.lottakids.blogspot.com/ is a genius. A sensitive, do-something-about-it, genius. She and several other bloggers are starting a thing they are calling Philanthropy Thursdays. A day a month, the last Thursday of the month, when we are all to count our blessings and give to those in need. She's selling her rock, her gorgeous rock from the early years of her marriage (her awesome hubby gave her a new, bigger one, recently) on eBay and the money is going straight to the New Orleans Habitat for Humanity. You gotta get over to her site, find the link to her sale on eBay, and catch the spirit. The giving spirit, as they say, and it ain't even Christmas.

It's got me wondering...hmm...besides bidding on Jen's ring, what can I do? What should I be doing? We all get so caught up in our own selfish existences, that we forget there is real tragedy out there. Real suffering. And real needs. Let's all put our heads together and come up with something good. Even if it's something small.

Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

insanemommy said...

Hey you. I would have e-mailed you back but your are set up as "no-reply" so here I am. Lol. Yeah, we could be related. Now, just so we're straight on one thing. I DON'T DRINK BAD BEER. Well, I don't drink beer period. I'm a total wino! Lol...

moosh in indy. said...

I'm really trying to do better and being a grateful happy person, I did need a good kick in the rear however, thanks.