Saturday, July 28, 2007

An inspiration

If you haven't already, you need to get over to Jen M's blog, Get In the Car! at http://www.lottakids.blogspot.com/ (who am I kidding? a heck of a lot more of you have read her blog than mine!) She is truly inspirational to me and my mommying!

Today, I read her post dated July 25th and cried, HARD. It's been way too long since I've run in the rain with my kids. WAY. It's been way too long since I've not yelled at them when they've come in the house muddy and wet from the rain. WAY.

So I'm sitting here at the computer and my daughter J comes to me and says, "Mom, you have to come see this thing. It's a car and a track and it's got these handle thingys and I can't get it to work." (We're at Grandma's house in Chicago and there are all these new toys to discover and enjoy) And in my usual fashion I say, "Just a second" without even really hearing what she said. And then I shake my head, still fresh with tears from Jen's post, snap out of it, and go see what she's talking about. It's an electric race track and she's already got it plugged in. I set the race car on the track properly, push the trigger thingy, and the car zooms off the end of the track. Fast. She looks up at me with those huge, gorgeous blue eyes and says, "Awesome!"

Thank you, Jen!

No comments: